My main resolution this year is to blog. For real. The last 6 months have been a whirlwind. I broke up with Dean in September and began my quest to accomplish things that would either shock him or piss him off.
Things That Would Piss Dean Off:
1. Learn how to drive. Yes, I am 23 years old and I still don’t know how to drive. This issue was something Dean and I argued about constantly. He was resentful that he had to do all the driving whenever we would hang out.
2. Go on brithright. Dean was super controlling. Me going to Italy on a family vacation last summer was a huge issue. He was so moody before the trip and I felt like I had to be extra nice to him since I was (in his words) “taking myself away from him”. Additionally, since brithright is basically one giant j-date, he would have had a multitude of issues with me going on it.
3. Move out! Dean was aggravated that I still lived with my parents. It was something that he and his mom talked about during their weekly “lolly bashing sessions” which began to take place more and more frequently as our relationship crumbled.
4. Learn Hebrew. Dean tried to teach me how to speak and read Hebrew. He thought it was sad that I didn’t know the language of “our people”.
The next two are not related to Dean.
5. Find a boyfriend that isn’t a narcissistic asshole.
6. Run a 50 mile race and run a 3:35 marathon.
1. KINDA ACCOMPLISHED. A week after I broke up with Dean, I took the written test to obtain my permit. I can say with some certainty that I can functionally drive a car. I have even driven on the highway. I have yet to take driving exam though. However, I am closer to accomplishing this goal that I have ever been before.
2. ACCOMPLISHED! I returned from birthright yesterday! It was amazing! Definitely a wonderful growing experience. I am in love with Israel. Parts were difficult, but I am very glad I was brave enough to sign up (I didn’t know a soul on the trip and was worried about making friends). Luckily, I found two girls on the trip that made the whole thing an absolute blast.
3. ALMOST ACCOMPLISHED! I am moving out of my parent’s house in two short weeks!
4. NEEDS ALOT OF WORK! I am trying to find Hebrew classes or a Hebrew tutor, but I am super motivated to learn.
5. ITS COMPLICATED…enough said. I’ll dive into more detail in future posts.
6. HALFWAY THERE? I plan to run a 50 mile race in May. And I am signed up for two marathons in March. I’ve lost a lot of fitness, as I wasn’t able to run while I was in Israel. Additionally, I’ve been experiencing some strain/injury in my right leg.
I am currently on my way to Vermont. And its snowing in the amtrak train! That is something you don’t see everyday…
Its snowing on the amtrak train!
Happy New Year! What are your goals?